2021 NOBL Trail Love Giveaway
The people have spoken! While each candidate received hundreds of votes, and plenty of support from their local communities, there could only be one winner. Congratulations to Penny Deck of the NSMBA/FVMBA! You’re the winner of our 2021 Trail Love giveaway!
Thanks to our four finalists and thank you for your hard work!
Meet your Trail Love Finalists.
It wasn’t easy. We received a plethora of submissions from all corners of the continent. It’s incredible to see the work that has been put in to support your local trail communities. There were land access success stories, showcasing of labour intensive trail design and of course plenty of drool worthy trail shots that had us thinking about our post work ride. We tallied and averaged the voting scores of our judging panel and it came down to these four community leaders.
Now comes the final stage, where YOU vote for the winner of the 2021 Trail Love Giveaway!
Trailbuilding accounts for 98% of Tom’s work. His dedication is obvious as it seems even a leg in a cast won’t stop him!
North Vancouver, BC
From administration to moving dirt, Penny has done it all. Working on one of the most coveted trail networks in the world is no easy feat.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Since moving from Iowa, Michael has been instrumental in expanding Thunder Bay’s trail network. From grant application to heavy machinery, he’s put in his time!
Without Trail builders, there would be no trail.
Nothing beats a well designed trail. The thrill and enjoyment of experiencing a perfectly sculpted flow trail, a sunlight streaked ridgeline, or perhaps some intricate technical woodwork is second to none. The creativity and innovation of trail design is what propels the evolution of modern mountain biking forward.
Of course we wouldn’t have these trails if it weren’t for the tireless efforts of your local trail builders who are out there moving rock, wood and earth for hours on end. From the intial planning stages to the first test run, building a good trail requires an incredible amount of time, foresight and sweat equity. Months even years after a trail is completed, trailbuilders are out there clearing brush, repairing berms, improving drainage, and making sure the trails can handle the wear and tear from riding and the forces of nature.
The work doesn’t stop when they leave the woods either. When they’re not digging they’re collaborating with their trail organizations, interest groups, city officials and their communities to ensure that their efforts are sustainable and inline with their community. Being a good trail builder is no easy job.
We’d like to say thanks to all of the amazing trail builders out there who are constantly improving our sport and helping it evolve.
The contest will consist of 3 stages
Calling all trail builders! We want to see what you’ve been working on and what you’re most proud of! Use our submission form at the bottom of this page to enter the contest. Be sure to complete the form to the best of your ability.
We will be collecting submissions until March 26th 11:59pm (PST).
Selecting the Finalists
The staff at NOBL wheels will evaluate all of the submissions with names/locations omitted and select the top 4 to be entered into the next stage. Selection will be weighted equally on the quality of the written content and the photo submissions. If you are selected as one of the top four, you will be contacted by a NOBL team member. Each of the final four will be showcased on NOBLwheels.com to bring light to some of the fantastic work you’ve done in your local mountain bike community.
Determine the final winner!
Once the four finalists have been showcased, an online poll will be held on our site where the general public will vote for who they think should win the custom wheelset.
Rules and Regulations
- Entrant must complete their submissions including their (5) trail photos, and (2) head/ride shots.
- Entrant must have a majority stake in in the trail design/construction and approved by their trail association.
- Contest opens March 15th 2021 at 1:00 PM PST. Submissions close on March 26th 2021 at 10:00PM PST
- Contest is open to all trail builders in North America over the age of 18.
- Contest is not open to NOBL dealers or distributors.
- Winner will be announced on April 12th 2021 through the NOBL website and social media channels.
- Winner will receive a FREE complete custom wheelset from NOBL wheels- built to “limited edition” DT240 EXP Oil Slick hubs with their choice of spokes, nipples, freehub and graphics. Shipping included.
- Winner will be contacted within a week of the contest closing to discuss details of the wheel build.
- Contest entries will only be considered valid through the submission form below.
- Only one submission per participant is permitted.
- Winner will be determined via an online secure vote on NOBLwheels.com. Link to be provided once finalists are selected.
- Odds of winning are dependent on number of submissions received. Our panel of four judges will select the finalists based on the written content and photo submissions. Names and locations will be redacted during the selection process.
- Finalists will be notified by a team member from NOBL Wheels via their provided contact information.
- Rogue or unsanctioned trails will not be considered.
- No purchase necessary for participation.
- Purchase does not enhance chance of winning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You will remain the copyright holder of submitted data, and NOBL will not share submitted data unless you reach the final stage, in which you will be contacted for a photo release so we may use your submission in contest related media
Thank you for your submissions! Stay tuned to see who the finalists are for the Trail Love Giveaway! Finalists will be announced on April 2nd!