Are you in the market for new spokes for your bike wheels? BERD spokes might be the right choice for you, but it’s essential to evaluate if they align with your cycling preferences and needs. Below, we’ve summarized some considerations to help you determine whether BERD spokes are the perfect fit for your biking experience.
Are BERD spokes the right fit for me?
- I want the lightest wheels possible.
- I have a weight weenie spreadsheet when I build my bikes.
- I think it’s weird when people ride 2-ply tire casings but want BERD spokes
- I tend to use my other bike for double black trails with big hits.
- I don’t have problems with my wheels coming out of true often.
- I don’t mind doing my own maintenance or I have a trusted shop that maintains my bike.
- I understand that using BERD spokes in j-bend hubs will void the manufacturers hub shell warranty.
- I understand that I won’t be able to go back to steel spokes in my j-bend hubs once I have them laced with BERD spokes.
- I understand that BERD wheels will be more expensive to purchase and maintain, but the performance benefits are more than worth it for me!
- I want the fastest cross country wheels that wind up to speed with ease.
- I want more comfortable wheels for my gravel bike.
- I’m around 200+ pounds, but not super hard on wheels.
- I’ve got a low powered e-bike that’s relatively lightweight.
- I want them because they look cool and I can get them in so many colours
- I’m a heavy rider, BUT willing to ride a deeper and stiffer rim to avoid having my wheels coming out of true.
- For example: TR33/TR36/TR38/TR41 versus the shallower TR32/TR35/TR37.
- I like to try new things.
Probably not, if…
- I’m on a full powered e-bike and like to hammer the trails into submission.
- I’m over 200 pounds and really hard on wheels.
- I’m the kind of person who bends cranks and have been known to explode a few chains.
- I ride a lot and hate maintenance.
- I want my wheels to be on the stiff side of the spectrum.
- Dyeing spokes sounds like a chore.
- I’m really worried about my spokes showing wear and tear down the road and that could affect my resale value.
- I believe if I spend more money I should not have any downsides.
Looking for more BERD Spokes information?
View our FAQ here.