Crash Replacement & Warranty
What is our Warranty policy?
We have two levels of warranty, we have our Standard Warranty Policy which comes with every rim you buy from us, and then we have our Premium Warranty Policy which is available as an upgrade option for all direct to consumer purchases off our website.
Applicable for all rims 2016+
All rims come with 2.5 years of warranty, and 5 years crash replacement by default for the original owner. Warranty covers any damage that is deemed a result of a manufacturing defect. Warranty replacement covers 100% of the cost of the new rim. Warranty does not cover shipping or labour charges.
Our crash replacement policy covers damage that is caused by casing jumps, hitting square edges at speed, backing over your wheel with your Tacoma, and of course a gnarly crash. We’ve found that most of our riders own their bikes for 5 years or less before purchasing a new one. We feel this is the best option for most riders. The crash replacement cost is 50% of MSRP
Applicable for products 2019+
Typically manufacturers charge for their lifetime warranty coverage through the initial sticker price. We decided to give you the option.
With all 2019 products, direct consumers have the option to purchase lifetime protection on their rims. For an extra $100USD, they will receive lifetime Warranty and Crash Replacement. This policy applies for the original owner only, for the entire duration of their ownership. This is the best option if you anticipate riding the wheelset for over 5 years. As with the standard warranty, this covers any damage that is deemed a result of a manufacturing defect. Our crash replacement policy covers damage that is caused by casing jumps, hitting square edges at speed, backing over your wheel with your car, and of course a gnarly crash. Warranty covers 100% of the rim cost, while Crash Replacement covers 50% of the MSRP. Shipping, taxes and labour charges are not covered.
The Fine Print:
NOBL rims should ALWAYS be built with bladed or double butted spokes. Do not use straight gauge spokes as they are too stiff and can cause carbon rims to crack prematurely. Often butted spokes are stronger than their non-butted counterpart as they go through an additional forging process. Use of straight gauge spokes will VOID warranty
Defects covered by warranty:
- Defects that significantly impact the performance of the rim.
- If the nipples pull through the rim and the spoke tension is all below 160 kg/f. The wheels should be built from 105-130 kg/f, so 160 kg/f is too high. If the tension is at or above 160kg/f on any of spokes, you can submit a crash replacement form. Please ensure that your wheels are built by a qualified wheel builder that uses a tensiometer.
Not covered by warranty:
- Damage that occurred as a result from not riding your bike. Such as driving over your rims with your vehicle, exhaust fumes from your vehicle melting your tire onto the rim or damaging the resin, ripping your bike off your roof rack when pulling into underground parking etc.
- Superficial scratches or chips on the rims
- Rims damaged due to riding far too low of tire pressure for the conditions
- Rim issue due to an incorrectly built wheel
- Sales tax, duty, VAT, freight or shipping charges
- Broken spokes, nipples or hub issues
- Rim strikes.
- Other service fees
- Any warranty coverage expressed or implied by the dealer beyond the provisions stated in the NOBL warranty literature.
- Modifications to the rims not recommended or approved by NOBL
Warranty & Crash Replacement Form
Please fill out the form below to submit your claim