We offer wheelsets built with Onyx Racing Hubs. We highly recommend them for a number of reasons listed below.
Onyx hubs transfer power from your pedals to your bike wheels instantly for faster acceleration and more control. Hybrid ceramic bearings and adjustable preload reduce rolling resistance to the point of disbelief. The patented sprag clutch design removes the play and clickety–clack of pawls in the rear hub for a completely silent hub.
The sprags add weight to the hub, but because it’s not rotational weight (like rims/tires) you do not feel a significant difference. For most riders, the energy savings, efficiency and performance gains outweigh the added weight. Onyx hubs come standard in over 20 different colors!
Onxy Hubs Standard Features
- Ceramic hybrid bearings
- 7075 Aluminum alloy hub shell
- Adjustable preload for bearings
- Titanium bolts
- 5-year limited warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Patented sprag clutch mechanism
- Instant clutch engagement during power stroke and instant disengagement when coasting
- Silent operation before, during and after clutch engagement
- Heat treat hardened stainless steel driver
- Lightweight alloy driver available in XD and HG
- Labyrinth seal interface between driver and hub shell
- Adjustable side load
- Grease service temperature range of -58°F (-50°C) to 248°F (120°C)